[vvc-l] UCTV International Status : OFF

George Bray georgebray@gmail.com
Thu, 17 May 2007 16:54:01 +1000

It is with regret that I announce the 36 channels comprising the UCTV
International bouquet streaming on AARNet and Internet2 have ceased
until further work is done to determine the complex rights issues of
cross-border reticulation of free-to-air services for educational use.

We realise this is a blow to many of our Australian and international
colleagues who were starting to integrate the TV streams with their
educational efforts. It is certainly a blow to our efforts building
shared web applications with this media, and our collaborations on
service discovery and reliability.

Nevertheless, we're pleased to have your ongoing support and
enthusiasm for projects like this. We all hope UCTV can continue to
innovate in this area.

The UCTV International service is no longer available outside the
University of Canberra campus. Our engineering trial is now at an end.
We are now exploring options for providing a IPTV service across
research and education networks throughout the world.

PS - I've had to take down the streams rather quickly today, but
you'll still see SAP announcements there with no stream.  These will
be removed in due course.

George Bray - University of Canberra, Australia